Covid-19 Information for 2021 season
We hope you are looking forward to your trip to Skye and booking your stay with us at the Ferry Inn! In accordance with Scottish Government guidelines for hospitality and accommodation, we have made some changes to our guest rooms and check in here at the Ferry Inn. This is for the comfort and safety of all our guests, which is paramount to us. We have amended how many rooms we have available during these times for social distancing.
Our rooms have been tweaked, still offering the same level of cosy chic as always with less high touch items but just as much comfort and our stringent level of cleanliness. Your stay will still be as fabulous as ever but with every priority in place to make it safe as possible too.
- Check in is strictly from 4.00pm (16:00), we cannot facilitate any early check-in’s. Bag drop off before check-in time is also not permitted as we do not have any area for bag storage. Due to current restrictions we will be unable to help with the transfer/carrying of luggage from your car to your room, so please do make sure you are able to carry the luggage you bring with you yourself. If there is any problem with this, please let us know in advance.
- A check-in card and breakfast order form will be available for you to fill out. Please make sure you fill out your check-in card on arrival. Breakfast forms can be filled out before you retire for the evening, and placed in a contact free area in the upstairs guest space.
- High touch items in our rooms have been removed (alarm clocks, radios, hairdryers etc). We will of course have all these items safely stored/disinfected and they are available at request for any of our guests if you would prefer them. Please let us know when you check in if any of these items are required and we will deliver them safely to your room, or if you prefer, let us know before arrival and these items will be left in your room ahead of your check-in.
- Our tea trays, including your Nespresso machine and kettle are deep cleaned and sanitised between guests. Other room extras are for your use only and then will be removed after your departure (ie: china/glassware).
- All books/magazines that are provided in your room are for your use only, we have multiple copies and everything is throughly disinfected and then stored safely after use. Our Skye guide/important resources will be sent straight to you via email before arrival for your ease. As always, hard copies are available upon request and treated with safe storage prior to arrival and then removal after departure, just request any of them during your stay.
- Our rooms will be throughly aired before arrival, and special focus to disinfect high touch areas is in place. All cleaning materials used are of Covid-19 protocol standards. Doors and windows will regularly be left open throughout the building for air flow. If you are staying with us for more than one night, please note we will perform a basic service of your room. This will be done by us in PPE equipment, one hour after you have vacated your room for the day.
- Check out is by 10.00am and cannot be extended. All we ask guests to do upon check-out is open their room and en-suite windows before leaving the premises to air out.
- As always, we ask you only travel if you feel comfortable enough to do so in this current climate and that you aren’t suffering from any symptoms of Covid-19 or any other ailments before making your trip. We are part of a small island community with limited health care facilities.